DO YOU KNOW WHAT ARE THE CATECHINS?
Catechins are flavonoids (antioxidants) which can be found as content in plants and which act in different ways by protecting cells against oxidative stress from free radicals.
Within nutricosmetics products, catechins play an important role thanks to the following qualities:
- As an antioxidant by preventing the destructive action of free radicals and thus cellular aging. We can see the catechins in supplements against wrinkles and as enhancers of skin rejuvenation.
- From its antioxidant cells throughout the body, besides the skin benefit. Internal organs such as the heart, lungs, kidneys, etc. they help to lengthen life by breaking oxidative process.
- Due to their thermogenic power, catechins perform an important work in weight reduction by accelerating the burning of stored fat (fatburning)
- They are used in natural medecine as a protective shield against cancer
- Catechins enhance the action of the vitamins that we consume and protects them against degradation
The tea is rich in catechins, especially both green tea and white tea. A healthy weight loss solution is to drink green tea twice a day to help in a balanced weight loss diet.
Green or white tea, thanks to its thermogenic power, accelerate lipolysis process by which triglycerides (stored fat) are split into fatty acids with a lower molecular weight, capable of crossing the cell membrane where they are transformed into energy inside the cell's mitochondria.
Other sources of catechins (FLAVONOIDES)
However green or white tea are not the only source of catechins, actually they can be found in other natural products such as:
- Black dark chocolate
- Red grapes
- Red wine